New & Improved! Cyber and Information Security Courses
Community Banker University® has launched three new cyber and information security courses (and updated some of our existing courses) to help ensure that community banks and their employees are prepared to anticipate and mitigate threats.
New courses include:
- Cyber & Information Security Overview for Employees: This course discusses employees' roles and responsibilities regarding information security and offers an overview of security programs and best practices.
- Cyber & Information Security Overview for Senior Management & Directors: Arm your board of directors, senior management, and Information Security Committee with the information they need to make informed decisions that protect the bank and its customers.
- Fundamentals of IT Security: This course describes the fundamentals of information technology security and what your organization must do to stay protected today and in the future.
For additional details on these courses, please see the complete Online Training Course Catalog.
The following courses have been updated to include new content and improved functionality:
- Phishing and Ransomware
- Managing Mobile Devices
- Common Frauds and Scams
- Cloud Computing: An Introduction
With the launch of the new courses, the following courses have been retired from the course catalog:
- IT Security for Banks
- IT Security Primer
- Card Security Breaches
Employees enrolled in these courses can finish them if they are already in their current enrollments. All of the information contained in the coursework is still factual, however it may not be the newest information on a specific topic. Administrators may choose to un-enroll employees and re-enroll them in one of the newer courses.
If you need assistance with this process or have any questions, please feel free to contact a Community Banker University team member.
Note to Custom Plan Subscribers: The following courses are now available for you to upload your policies and procedures:
- Cyber & Information Security Overview for Employees
- Cyber & Information Security Overview for Sr. Management & Directors
- Fundamentals of IT Security
- Managing Mobile Devices
Note to Compliance Bundle Subscribers: The course, Card Security Breaches, has been replaced with Fundamentals of IT Security in your course catalog. If you would like to take advantage of the other exceptional IT courses Community Banker University has to offer, consider upgrading to the Standard Plan. Contact a Community Banker University team member to upgrade.
We are working on our 2020 Online Training Plan. We strive to ensure our course options cover as many areas as possible in the way that you need to be successful. If you know of any courses you would like to see added to the catalog or any other feedback regarding Community Banker University's online training program, please feel free to reach out to us.
Did You Know?
Did you know that reading the “Adding a New Employee” section of the Roster/Employee/Organization Management chapter of the Administrator Guide is very important, especially steps 9 and 10? Following these procedures will ensure that you set up your new employee correctly and do not create a duplicate account.
Remember, if an employee leaves your bank and goes to work for another bank, the ICBA account stays with the banker so that they can keep a record of their ICBA education history. When in doubt about creating a new employee, please feel free to reach out to a Community Banker University team member.