Surveys & White Papers
ICBA is dedicated exclusively to representing the interests of the community banking industry and its membership through effective advocacy, best-in-class education, and high-quality products and services.
Access the 2020 Bank Compensation and Benefits Survey
The 2020 Crowe Financial Institutions Compensation and Benefits Survey is available for purchase. With responses from 405 banks, the report provides key information on salary and benefit trends, turnover, and director compensation.
Findings from this year's survey includes
- Salary growth in 2020, but expectations for a decline in 2021
- More banks allow working remotely in response to the COVID-19 pandemic
An Economic Analysis of Credit Unions' Tax Exemption
Credit unions have fallen short in fulfilling the terms of their original mandate, which once warranted a lucrative tax subsidy.
This white paper examines the extent to which credit unions have deviated from the terms of their original mandate, the amount and distribution of their tax subsidy, and its dispersal to credit union members in the form of financial benefits.Read the report
Core Processor Resource Guide
This resource guide, combined with the core processor best practices, are designed to help community banks understand important aspects of managing the core processor relationship to maximize the return on their technology investments.
The guide includes recommended steps that community banks should take to manage their core processor:
- assessing their business needs and utilization of current systems,
- gauging satisfaction with the current core processor relationship,
- determining whether to change core processors or stay with the current processor,
- conducting due diligence, and
- evaluating core processor alternatives (including innovation, compliance, and legacy vs. next-generation providers).
The guide also offers community bankers insights into negotiating contracts as well as information about core conversion project management for those that decide to switch systems.
This resource is free to ICBA community bank members. You will be prompted to login to access these resources.