New Changes Because of You!
A big “THANK YOU” to all who completed our online training survey in January! The information shared is extremely valuable to ensure ICBA’s Community Banker University Online Training Center is moving in the right direction.
2018 is going to be a busy year for the Online Training Center. When subscribers ask, we pledge to do our very best to deliver new courses, enhanced features, and improved user experience. To that end, thank you for your feedback in the following key areas:
Job-Specific Coursework: In response to users looking for more courses specialized by job functions, we are in the process of creating new Bank Secrecy Act courses that are specific to job function such as lending personnel and front-line staff. We believe these new courses will be available by the middle of second quarter.
Shorter Courses: Time is valuable and users want shorter courses. In response, we are revising several of our most popular courses into Overview and In-Depth formats. We will begin with the topics of Regulation CC & Regulation E.
Bring on the Micro-Learning: Users indicated they would rather take four or five micro courses rather than one longer course. In 2018, new micro-learning courses will be launched and focus on very specific topics related to community banking--Think YouTube® for community banking! Plans are underway to begin development in the areas of Regulation D Excessive Withdrawals, OFAC, Regulation CC Deposit Holds, Loan Disclosure Timing Rules, and Regulation B Adverse Action Requirements.
Your feedback is tremendously valuable to our development team. Please keep sending your opinions, suggestions, and questions to us.
Two courses were updated due to changes in the regulations:
- Regulation BB: Community Reinvestment Act – changes from final rule Nov. 20, 2017, conforming to new HMDA rules
- Regulation B: Equal Credit Opportunity Act – changes from final rule Sept. 20, 2017, conforming to new HMDA rules
The titles of several courses were revised. Names were changed to help you identify differences between two similarly-named courses. Others were changed to streamline organization with other courses of the same regulatory topic.
- Fair Credit Reporting Act: Risk Based Pricing was changed to FCRA: Risk Based Pricing.
- Money Laundering & Terrorist Financing Red Flags was changed to Bank Secrecy Act: Red Flags.
- Regulation Z: Subpart G was changed to Regulation Z: Credit Card Rules.
- Regulation O: Insider Lending was changed to Regulation O: Insider Lending – In Depth.
- Regulation O: Loans to Insiders was changed to Regulation O: Insider Lending – Overview.
- Unlawful Internet Gambling was changed to Regulation GG: Unlawful Internet Gambling.
- Development is underway for the following revisions and new online coursework:
- Regulation CC: Expedited Funds Availability – changes for July 1 effective date
- Bank Secrecy Act Courses by Job Function
On Jan. 11, the “Bank Secrecy Act: Customer Due Diligence & Beneficial Ownership” course was launched.
Did You Know?
We know you’re busier than ever at the bank; however, we don’t want you to miss out on any updates or news related to our online training. Find out about the Online Training Center happenings through any of the following channels:
"What's New" Tab in LMS System: A new tab within the online training system was created to share news and highlights. When you log into the online system, you will now see a new tab on the left side of the screen labeled “What’s New?” Within this tab you will find up-to-date changes, enhancements and more news related to ICBA’s Community Banker University Online Training Center. Note: If you receive an error message when clicking on this new tab, you will need to clear your cache and then go back to view it.
Monthly E-Newsletter. We now send a monthly newsletter rather than a quarterly newsletter to all online LMS administrators. And coming soon … the newsletter will be posted on the ICBA website.