In this level-setting session, Jackson Lewis attorneys unpack the meaning of diversity, inclusion, and bias. We will focus on both conscious and unconscious bias, reviewing various types of biases, as well as strategies for interrupting them. Recorded Oct. 14, 2021
At the conclusion of this webinar, participants will understand:
- The concepts of diversity and inclusion and the difference between the two.
- The business case for diversity and inclusion.
- Conscious bias, unconscious bias, and microaggressions.
- Bias as an impediment to diversity and inclusion efforts.
- Explanations and examples of different forms of cognitive biases and how they may show up at work.
- The managers’ important “duty to act” when an issue comes to their attention.
- Potential structural process suggestions