Happy Holidays from Community Banker University! It’s the end of the year when many employees are feverishly trying to complete their required annual training (and their administrators and supervisors are hounding them to do so!)
In this month’s newsletter, we would like to offer a few reminders and helpful hints to help you efficiently finish out the calendar year and lay the groundwork for the year ahead.
- Remember that activity reports pull by enrollment date. If you enrolled employees in courses in December 2018 for the 2019 training year, you must enter a start date of 2018-12-01 to pull your activity report for 2019.
- If you have employees that did not complete enrolled courses by year end but still need to complete the training, we suggest you delete the non-completed course from the employees’ current enrollments and then re-enroll them in the course. By doing so, you will not need to try and remember the original enrollment date and will benefit from an easy-to-follow “yearly” report.
- Ensure you are whitelisting the e-mail address email@example.com in order to receive this monthly newsletter and other helpful information. If you ever notice that you have stopped receiving this newsletter, please check your junk mail, spam, or email quarantine system. You can always find the newsletters on our website. Newsletters are posted the last week of each month. You can also stay current by clicking on the What’s New tab inside the Online Training Center.
- Premium Plan subscribers: Please make sure you adjust your certifications throughout the year based on the current catalog of courses and are not using retired courses. The current catalog and course listing can always be found on the ICBA website.
Training Tips for 2020
- We’ve made quite a few changes to the course catalog in 2019. There are several new courses, many updated courses, and some retired courses. When planning your 2020 training program, please review the course listing and catalog for anything you may want to add or change.
- Each year certain regulations require training. Community Banker University provides a document that explains which regulations have training requirements as well as courses that are available to cover the requirements. The document also provides a list of other recommended, not required, courses that you could enroll employees in based on their job function. Find the document in the Administration tab within the Online Training Center, titled Mandatory and Recommended Course Listing.
- Inevitably when you enroll employees in courses there will be some who complete all of their training right away and then others who will wait until the day it is due. Studies show that people tend to lose about 70 percent of any new information they learn within 24 hours. For this reason, we suggest you enroll staff in required training periodically (quarterly is recommended), to improve retention. Important subject areas should also be assigned more than once throughout the year to create a strong foundation of knowledge.
If you need help with reports or enrollments, please refer to the Administrators Guide
found within the Online Training Center or on the ICBA website. If you still need assistance or have questions about courses and other training needs, please feel free to reach out to a Community Banker University team member for assistance. We can be reached at 800-422-7285 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Have a great holiday season from Community Banker University!