Thank you for subscribing to ICBA’s Community Banker University Online Training Center. We hope that you find the training informative and beneficial for your community bank. Online training is one of the easiest ways for community banks to educate their staff on required regulations, job functions and a multitude of other areas such as personal development, management and customer service.
At Community Banker University, we strive to provide you with the most up to date information in an easy to learn environment. If you have not noticed yet, as of Oct. 1, several of the catalogs within the online training system have changed and the courses have been reorganized within them. We hope that you find this new organization easier to find courses within their specific subject areas.
We will send you this newsletter on a quarterly basis informing you of new courses added to the online training center as well as updated course content. You will also get a glimpse into some of the other topics we are working on to make your learning experience a great one.
New Courses Highlight
Are you ready for the new Home Mortgage Disclosure Act rules effective Jan. 1, 2018? We have created and added two new courses for you to help train your staff on the new HMDA rules. These can be found in the Compliance – Bank Regulations Catalog.
Home Mortgage Disclosure Act: In Depth — Dive deep into each aspect of the act including institution coverage, covered loans, data collection, disclosure requirements and filing. This course is intended for compliance officers, loan operations staff and any other staff members that will need to know the ins and outs of the act.
Home Mortgage Disclosure Act: Practical Application — Get an overview of the entire Home Mortgage Disclosure Act with an in depth look at loan application applicability and applicant information collection. This course is intended for lenders and other staff that are involved in the loan application process.
Please Note: The current Home Mortgage Disclosure Act & LAR Completion Course will retire on Jan. 1, 2018. If you are currently enrolled in this course, you should complete it by Dec. 31, 2017 in order to receive your certificate of completion.
- Five courses which reference the Home Mortgage Disclosure Act will be updated with the new 2018 rules.
- New BSA Customer Due Diligence and Beneficial Ownership course.
- New and Updated Bank Security courses.
The following courses were updated due to the amendments made to the Mortgage Servicing Rules effective Oct. 19, 2017.
- Regulation Z: Closed-End Credit
- Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act
- Fair Debt Collection Practices Act
Other Course Additions
- Auditing a Community Bank Trust Department – Audit catalog
- Operations Management – Management/Leadership catalog
- Planning for Success – Management/Leadership catalog
- Strategic Management for Your Organization – Management/ Leadership catalog
- Ladder Safety – Health & Safety catalog
- Manual Material Handling & Back Safety – Health & Safety catalog
- Safe Driving – Health & Safety catalog
- Safety Attitudes and Actions – Health & Safety catalog
- Slips, Trips and Falls – Health & Safety catalog
Read the Updated Online Training Course Catalog for Full Course Details
Did You Know?
A “Search Courses” tab has been added to the Standard and Custom Online Training Plan. When clicking this tab, a screen appears in which you can search for courses with key words. The key words are searched within the course title and within the course description.
Online Training Plans
Community Banker University offers four different online training plans. If you are looking for a more robust training system from the Standard Plan you may want to upgrade to the Premium Plan. If you have recently purchased your own Learning Management System (LMS), consider our Cloud Delivery Plan in which you can integrate the 300+ courses directly into your LMS.
For more information, visit the Online Training Plans website or contact Community Banker University by email or at 800-422-7285.