Unconscious bias (or implicit bias) refers to unsupported social judgements or prejudice in favor or against a person or group of people. Since these happen without reasonable justification, they can prevent one’s judgment from being balanced. This course will explain unconscious bias, the impact it has on the workplace, and the steps you can take to manage it and encourage diversity and inclusivity.
- Have a good understanding of unconscious bias and where it comes from
- Be able to identify common microaggressions and manage them
- Examine the impact of unconscious bias on project teams, personal connections, assessment, and leadership choices
- Take steps to resolve individual bias
- Develop diversity and inclusion strategies for your workplace
- The Psychology of Unconscious Bias
- Impact of Unconscious Bias
- Moving Forward with Diversity and Inclusion
Rev–Aug. 2020. Course Length ≈ 30 minutes.
This program is worth 1 CPE credit.