Regulation Z or the Truth in Lending Act, encompasses several laws or acts and has been amended over the years. The regulation requires bank to disclose the terms and cost of consumer credit transactions and includes rules meant to inform and protect consumers. There are specific requirements for closed-end credit plans, whether they are real estate secured or not. This course focuses on the requirements extended to closed-end consumer credit that is secured by real estate, focusing mainly on the Integrated Disclosures (TRID). This course does not go in depth on how to complete the Integrated Disclosures. This course is intended for lenders, loan operations staff, and compliance personnel.
- Understand the various calculations that go into required fields on disclosures
- Identify the contents and timing requirements of the Loan Estimate and Closing Disclosure
- Know when a revised disclosure may be provided
- Understand that special rules apply to loans that have special terms and conditions
- Comply with the requirements of Regulation Z in closed-end real secured transactions
- General Disclosures
- Loan Estimate
- Closing Disclosure
- Tolerances & Revisions
- Home Loan Toolkit
- ARM Loans
- High Priced Mortgage Loans
- High Cost Mortgage Loans
- Ability-to-Repay & Qualified Mortgages
- Right of Rescission
Rev–Jun. 2020. Course length ≈ 55 minutes.
This course is worth 1 CPE credit.