Frauds and scams have been around since the beginning of banking. However, rapid technological advances have caused these frauds and scams to become more sophisticated and harder to detect. This course will provide financial institutions with the information about common frauds and scams and will discuss the importance of awareness, education, prevention, and responses.
- Identify common frauds and scams
- Understand the current state of data security threats
- Implement policies and procedures to combat common frauds and scams
- Implement customer education programs to help protect your institution’s customers against frauds and scams
- Overview and trends
- Unpaid funds fraud (kiting, cash back, dormant accounts)
- Confusion scams (cash exchanges, deposit tickets)
- Identity Theft
- Protecting against cyber crimes (policies, risk assessment, audit, third-party management)
- Customer education
Rev–Nov. 2019. Course Length ≈ 40 minutes.
This course is worth 0.5 CPE credit.