Banking laws and regulations have existed for decades however since the financial crisis beginning in 2008, the amount of regulations have grown significantly, mostly in part due to the enactment of the Dodd Frank Consumer Protection Act of 2010. It is imperative that lenders, loan operation staff, management and board of directors are aware the compliance rules when accepting and originating applications for credit at their banks. This course will provide an overview of the laws and regulations that affect the lending side of the bank. This course is intended for a variety of job whom work in the lending area of the bank, including loan assistants, credit departments, lenders, loan operations, management, and board of directors.
- Fair Lending Laws (Reg B – ECOA, FHA, HMDA, CRA)
- Mortgage Lending (Reg Z, Reg X – RESPA, Reg B, Flood, SAFE Act, E-Sign Act)
- Military Lending (MLA, SCRA)
- Bank Secrecy Act/OFAC
- Privacy (Regulation P & Financial Privacy)
- Consumer Protection (UDAAP, FDCPA)
- Marketing Rules (Advertising, TCPA, CAN-SPAM)
- Fair Credit Reporting Act/FACTA
- Regulation U
- Regulation O
- Bank Bribery Act
Rev-Oct. 2018. Course length 30 minutes. This course is worth 0.5 CPE credit.