ICBA Data Breach Toolkit
Who Should Use This Toolkit: Front-Line Marketing, Communications and Product Contacts at Issuing Financial Institutions
Purpose: Protect cardholder trust in payments by providing a practical guide to managing communications after a data compromise at a third party.
Description: To more effectively combat a public relations crisis with a breach of card security, ICBA and Visa have teamed up to bring a special communications toolkit to community banks. This comprehensive communications guide gives community banks the means of communicating with card customers and the media within 24 hours of a data compromise. Having this contingency plan in place can make all the difference in a data breach episode.
Toolkit Includes: A brochure on communications best practices following a data breach, as well as customizable template materials like cardholder letters, statement inserts, FAQs, and media statements. Click on the documents below to download each PDF.
- DHS: Backoff Point of Sale Malware — 2014
- CFPB Issues Consumer Advisory on Industry Data Breach — 2014
- Data Compromise: Learn More, Do More to Stop Fraud, Visa — 2014
- Reducing Counterfeit Fraud Through Acceptance Best Practices, Visa — 2014
- Global Visa Card-Absent Merchant Guide to Greater Fraud Control — 2011
- Abridged Visa Security Breach Guide — 2009
- Security Breach Guide, Visa — 2009
- General Notification for Check Cards, Visa — 2009
- General Notification for Credit Cards, Visa — 2009
- Reissue Notification for Check Cards, Visa — 2009
- Reissue Notification for Credit Cards, Visa —2009
- Visa Check Card Carrier — 2009
- Visa Credit Card Carrier — 2009
- Reactive Press Statement, Visa — 2009
- Customer Service Q & A, Visa — 2010
- Security Statement Insert, Visa — 2010
Resources & Information on Current Data Breaches