Recorded: February 11, 2014
Length: 60 Minutes
After this session attendees will understand:
- How new risk weight requirements and minimum capital levels impact their institution
- Alternative actions community bank can take to raise capital
- Recent changes to Capital-TruPS
- Practical steps for implementing changes before Jan. 1, 2015.
Now that the dust has settled on Basel III, regulatory expectations for capital levels and capital planning surrounding community banks have become clearer. Community banks are required to adhere to the new requirements by Jan. 1, 2015.
This 60 minute audio session will address the important implications of the new rules and explore the little-discussed wrinkles in the Basel III regulations impacting community banks. Peter Weinstock will explain how to prepare a capital plan consistent with regulatory pronouncements and suggest some non-traditional alternatives for capital raising.
- Review regulatory expectations of Basel III
- Identify which changes impact their bank
- Examine alternative capital raising options
- Learn how to prepare a consistent capital plan
Speaker: Peter Weinstock, Co-Practice Group Leader of the national firm of Hunton & Williams. Peter's practice focuses on corporate and regulatory representation of small ($10-15 million) to mid-size (several billion dollars) financial institutions. Peter has served as co-editor of ICBA's, "Subchapter S: The Next Generation" newsletter. He is the author of numerous articles in law and banking publications.
1 CPE Credit
Program Level: Basic-Intermediate