Recorded: April 8, 2014
Length: 60 Minutes
The objective of strategic financial planning is to develop an approach to planning that does not end with an income result, but begins with an income target. Such an approach determines which areas of the institution will be under the most pressure to deliver a sustainable annualized growth in net income.
Dr. Tom and Janet will help you:
- Understand the competitive, financial, and marketing realities financial institutions face as financial depository institutions.
- Develop a dynamic ALCO process that focuses on net income growth driven through the loan portfolio and funded with core deposit growth.
- Consider a host of competitive lending ideas in residential, commercial, consumer and construction portfolios that preserve sound underwriting principles while designed to meet customer demands.
- Develop organic deposit pricing strategies that will help retain deposits, increase current deposit customers' share-of-wallet, and attract new deposit customers.
- Fund the balance sheet at the lowest marginal cost, which includes strategic management of wholesale borrowings.
Thomas J. Parliment, Ph.D.
Chairman & CEO
Dr. Thomas J. Parliment, Chairman & CEO of Parliment Consulting Services, Inc., is an economist and has served as commercial banker, investment banker, consultant and educator to the financial services industry over the past four decades. He is noted throughout the business community for his speeches and articles covering a wide range of financial and economic issues. His often humorous and always thought-provoking point of view is regularly enjoyed by readers of his numerous articles and through his frequent public appearances.
Janet Frankl-Lockwood joined Parliment Consulting Services, Inc. in August 2005. Janet works with community financial institution clients to help them include a "best practices" approach to execute and implement retail strategies and to embed them into the asset/liability management process.
1 CPE Credit
Program Level: Basic-Intermediate