Recorded: September 19, 2012
Length: 60 Minutes
Talent and leadership are rapidly becoming defining characteristics of community banks that are striving to
survive and thrive in the years ahead. Banks must focus on developing their up-and-comers into future bank
leaders and CEO successors.
This program will help prepare community bank CEOs, board members and executives for the future by
- The current state of talent in the banking industry and factors impacting hiring.
- Why planning for succession is critical for community bank boards and CEOs.
- When to start planning for management and CEO succession, and how to do so.
- Star search and validating potential senior executive talent.
- Tips for developing your bank's "high potentials."
- What skills and attributes community banks will need in their future leaders.
The long term future of community banks will be determined by their access to capital and superior talent.
Banks must begin to address their future leadership needs now to ensure their long term success.
Presenter: Alan J. Kaplan, President & CEO, Kaplan & Associates, Inc.
Alan is the Founder and CEO of Kaplan & Associates, Inc. (K&A), a retained executive search and talent advisory firm headquartered in Philadelphia. Since the firm's founding in 1994, K&A has provided bank Boards and CEOs with
advice on the identification, assessment and selection of new CEOs, Directors and senior executives.
1 CPE Credit
Program Level: Basic-Intermediate