The "Communities First Act" provides targeted regulatory and tax relief for community banks and their customers and frees-up resources to be used for community lending and other worthwhile purposes. H.R. 1869 was introduced by Rep. Nydia Velazquez (D-NY) on April 17, 2007. The ICBA initiative has also been endorsed by 43 state banker associations.
True regulatory and tax relief is on the horizon.
- New Bill vs. Existing Law
- Take Action: Urge Congress to Co-Sponsor Bill
- State Associations Endorsing the Communities First Act
- ICBA Applauds Senate Introduction of “Communities First Act” 5/16/07
- ICBA Applauds Chairwoman Velázquez for Introducing “Communities First Act” 4/17/07
- Additional Information