National Leadership Formally Elected at ICBA National Convention in March
Washington, D.C. (Jan. 23, 2019)—The Independent Community Bankers of America® (ICBA) today announced the nominees for its 2019-20 board of directors. ICBA’s board of directors will vote on the nominations during the 2019 ICBA national convention, ICBA LIVE®, which will be held March 18-22 in Nashville.
Nominations for the 2019-20 ICBA board of directors and their respective positions include:
- Chairman: Preston L. Kennedy, president and CEO of Zachary Bancshares Inc. of Zachary, La.
- Chairman-elect: Noah W. Wilcox, president, CEO and chairman of Grand Rapids State Bank and its holding company, Wilcox Bancshares Inc. of Grand Rapids, Minn.
- Vice Chairman: Robert M. Fisher, chairman, president and CEO of Tioga State Bank of Spencer, N.Y.
- ICBA President and CEO: Rebeca Romero Rainey of Washington, D.C.
- Treasurer: Kathryn G. Underwood, president and CEO of Ledyard National Bank of Hanover, N.H.
- Secretary: Alice P. Frazier, president and CEO of Bank of Charles Town, W.Va.
- Immediate Past Chairman: Timothy K. Zimmerman, CEO of Standard Bank of Monroeville, Pa.
- Past Chairman: R. Scott Heitkamp, president and CEO of ValueBank Texas of Corpus Christi, Texas
- Past Chairman: Jack A. Hartings, president and CEO of The Peoples Bank Co. of Coldwater, Ohio
- Past Chairman: John H. Buhrmaster, president and CEO of 1st National Bank of Scotia, N.Y.
- At-large Director and Federal Delegate Board Representative: Douglas J. Ouellette, central region president, Mercantile Bank of Michigan of Mt. Pleasant, Mich.
- At-large Director and Federal Delegate Board Representative: Thomas E. Bates, Jr., president and CEO, Legends Bank of Clarksville, Tenn.
- At-large Director: Steven J. Handke, president and CEO of Union State Bank of Everest, Kan.
- At-large Director: Mark Hesser, president of Pinnacle Bancorp Inc. of Omaha, Neb.
- Bank Education Committee Chairman: Brad M. Bolton, president, CEO and senior lender of Community Spirit Bank of Red Bay, Ala.
- Bank Services Committee Chairman: Lucas White, president of The Fountain Trust Co. of Covington, Ind.
- ICBPAC Chairman: Russell L. Laffitte, executive vice president and COO, Palmetto State Bank of Hampton, S.C.
- Policy Development Committee Chairman: Derek B. Williams, president and CEO of Century Bank & Trust of Milledgeville, Ga.
- Bank Operations and Payments Committee Chairman: G. Scott McComb, chairman, president and CEO of Heartland Bank of Whitehall, Ohio
- Corporate Secretary: Terry J. Jorde of Washington, D.C.
The Independent Community Bankers of America® creates and promotes an environment where community banks flourish. With more than 52,000 locations nationwide, community banks constitute 99 percent of all banks, employ more than 760,000 Americans and are the only physical banking presence in one in five U.S. counties. Holding more than $4.9 trillion in assets, $3.9 trillion in deposits, and $3.4 trillion in loans to consumers, small businesses and the agricultural community, community banks channel local deposits into the Main Streets and neighborhoods they serve, spurring job creation, fostering innovation and fueling their customers’ dreams in communities throughout America. For more information, visit ICBA’s website at www.icba.org.