ICBA Announces Nominations for 2020-21 Board of Directors
National leadership community bankers to be formally elected at ICBA LIVE in March
Washington, D.C. (Jan. 23, 2020)—The Independent Community Bankers of America® (ICBA) today announced the nominees for its 2020-21 board of directors. ICBA’s current board will vote on the nominations during the 2020 ICBA national convention, ICBA LIVE®, which will be held March 8-12 in Orlando.
Nominations for the 2020-21 ICBA board of directors and their respective positions include:
- Chairman: Noah W. Wilcox, president, CEO and chairman of Grand Rapids State Bank and its holding company, Wilcox Bancshares Inc., in Grand Rapids, Minn.
- Chairman-elect: Robert M. Fisher, chairman, president and CEO of Tioga State Bank in Spencer, N.Y.
- Vice Chairman: Brad M. Bolton, president, CEO and senior lender of Community Spirit Bank in Red Bay, Ala.
- ICBA President and CEO: Rebeca Romero Rainey of Washington, D.C.
- Treasurer: Gregory S. Deckard, president, chairman and CEO of State Bank Northwest in Spokane Valley, Wash.
- Secretary: Alice P. Frazier, president and CEO of Bank of Charles Town, W.Va.
- Immediate Past Chairman: Preston L. Kennedy, president and CEO of Zachary Bancshares Inc. in Zachary, La.
- Past Chairman: Timothy K. Zimmerman, CEO of Standard Bank, PAsB in Monroeville, Pa.
- Past Chairman: R. Scott Heitkamp, president and CEO of ValueBank Texas in Corpus Christi, Texas
- Past Chairman and Consolidated Holdings Chairman: Jack A. Hartings, chairman of The Peoples Bank Co. in Coldwater, Ohio
- At-large Director and Federal Delegate Board Representative: Thomas E. Bates Jr., president and CEO of Legends Bank in Clarksville, Tenn.
- At-large Director and Federal Delegate Board Representative: Douglas J. Ouellette, chief community banking officer, Mercantile Bank of Michigan in Mt. Pleasant, Mich.
- At-large Director: Steven J. Handke, regional president and chief administrative officer of First Option Bank in Horton, Kan.
- At-large Director: Mark Hesser, president of Pinnacle Bancorp Inc. in Omaha, Neb.
- Bank Education Committee Chairman: Kathryn G. Underwood, president and CEO of Ledyard National Bank in Hanover, N.H.
- Bank Services Committee Chairman: Lucas White, president of The Fountain Trust Co. in Covington, Ind.
- Bank Operations and Payments Committee Chairman: G. Scott McComb, chairman and CEO of Heartland Bank in Whitehall, Ohio
- ICBPAC Chairman: Russell L. Laffitte, executive vice president and COO, Palmetto State Bank in Hampton, S.C.
- Policy Development Committee Chairman: Derek B. Williams, president and CEO of Century Bank and Trust in Milledgeville, Ga.
The Independent Community Bankers of America® creates and promotes an environment where community banks flourish. With more than 50,000 locations nationwide, community banks constitute 99 percent of all banks, employ nearly 750,000 Americans and are the only physical banking presence in one in three U.S. counties. Holding more than $5 trillion in assets, nearly $4 trillion in deposits, and more than $3.4 trillion in loans to consumers, small businesses and the agricultural community, community banks channel local deposits into the Main Streets and neighborhoods they serve, spurring job creation, fostering innovation and fueling their customers’ dreams in communities throughout America. For more information, visit ICBA’s website at www.icba.org.