Louisiana community banker Preston L. Kennedy elected chairman
Nashville, Tenn. (March 21, 2019)— The Independent Community Bankers of America® (ICBA) today announced the election of its 2019-20 Executive Committee during the 2019 ICBA LIVE® national convention in Nashville.
Preston L. Kennedy, president and CEO of Zachary Bancshares Inc. in Zachary, La., was elected ICBA chairman and serves as chairman of the ICBA Executive Committee and board of directors.
Joining Kennedy on the ICBA Executive Committee are:
- Chairman-elect: Noah W. Wilcox, president, CEO and chairman of Grand Rapids State Bank and its holding company, Wilcox Bancshares Inc., in Grand Rapids, Minn.
- Vice Chairman: Robert M. Fisher, chairman, president and CEO of Tioga State Bank in Spencer, N.Y.
- ICBA President and CEO: Rebeca Romero Rainey of Washington, D.C.
- Treasurer: Kathryn G. Underwood, president and CEO of Ledyard National Bank in Hanover, N.H.
- Secretary: Alice P. Frazier, president and CEO of Bank of Charles Town, W.Va.
- Immediate Past Chairman: Timothy K. Zimmerman, CEO of Standard Bank in Monroeville, Pa.
- Past Chairman: R. Scott Heitkamp, president and CEO of ValueBank Texas in Corpus Christi, Texas
- ICBA Consolidated Holdings Chairman: William A. Loving Jr., president and CEO of Pendleton Community Bank in Franklin, W.Va.
For more information, including biographies for the ICBA Executive Committee, visit ICBA’s Press Room.
The Independent Community Bankers of America® creates and promotes an environment where community banks flourish. With more than 52,000 locations nationwide, community banks constitute 99 percent of all banks, employ more than 760,000 Americans and are the only physical banking presence in one in five U.S. counties. Holding more than $4.9 trillion in assets, $3.9 trillion in deposits, and $3.4 trillion in loans to consumers, small businesses and the agricultural community, community banks channel local deposits into the Main Streets and neighborhoods they serve, spurring job creation, fostering innovation and fueling their customers’ dreams in communities throughout America. For more information, visit ICBA’s website at www.icba.org.