In today’s banking environment as soon as one big new regulation is implemented another pops up. ICBA’s compliance training opportunities and exceptional resources, online and offline, will help your community bank stay informed and one step ahead of the regulators.
Covered transaction with respect to an affiliate means:
(1) An extension of credit to the affiliate;
(2) A purchase of, or an investment in, a security issued by the affiliate;
(3) A purchase of an asset from the affiliate, including an asset subject to recourse or an agreement to repurchase, except such purchases of real and personal property as may be specifically exempted by the Board by order or regulation;
(4) The acceptance of a security issued by the affiliate as collateral for an extension of credit to any person or company; and
(5) The issuance of a guarantee, acceptance, or letter of credit, including an endorsement or standby letter of credit, on behalf of the affiliate, a confirmation of a letter of credit issued by the affiliate, and a cross-affiliate netting arrangement.
Reference: Regulation W: 12 CRF 223.3(h)
The ICBA Compliance Vault is now available as a member benefit to all ICBA members.
The Compliance Vault is a reliable search tool that helps you find answers to your regulatory compliance questions, with access to over 2,500 Q&As, select online courses, and documents.
Community Banker University offers a variety of online training options with courses that build knowledge and a strong foundation within key areas of the banking industry and professional development.
The courses in the Community Banker Compliance Certificate Program are designed to give community bankers the knowledge and skills they need to become experts in regulatory compliance. The certificate program consists of four critical learning areas.
One of the three elements of an effective compliance program is monitoring and corrective action. These compliance working papers are essential for monitoring your financial institution’s compliance with federal consumer compliance laws and regulations.
ICBA Member: $599
Annual Digital Renewal
ICBA Member: $299
The ICBA Compliance Deskbook is the industry’s premier resource for compliance information. Access regulations, important dates, agency guidance, questionnaires, and other resources in one place.
ICBA Member: $399
Annual Digital Renewal
ICBA Member: $249
The Bank Compliance Checkup Program provides a comprehensive system for on-going monitoring of your bank’s compliance with Deposit, Lending, Administrative and IT/Tech/Security regulations.