ICBA News Release
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
ICBA and WIB Co-Sponsor 2011 Educational Programs
Washington, D.C. (March 9, 2011)-The Independent Community Bankers of America (ICBA) and the Western Independent Bankers (WIB) today announced they will co-sponsor a series of institutes that offer community bankers certification programs.
"ICBA is pleased to partner with WIB to offer these exceptional education opportunities to community bankers to help answer their questions about how the current market environment and regulations coming out of the Wall Street Reform Act will affect their community banks," said Greg Martinson, ICBA executive vice president of education and Sauk Centre operations. "These programs will be a great resource for community bankers in the Western region and all over the country."
ICBA and WIB will co-sponsor the following 2011 educational programs:
- BSA/AML Institute, Nov. 7-9, Las Vegas
- Compliance Institute, June 5-10, Kansas City, Mo., and Oct. 2-7, Minneapolis
- Commercial Lending Institute, Nov. 6-11, Phoenix
- Auditing Institute Week One, May 1-6, Kansas City, Mo., and Sept. 11-16, Minneapolis
- Auditing Institute Week Two, May 8-13, Kansas City, Mo., and Sept. 18-23, Minneapolis
- Loan Review, Oct. 19-20, Phoenix
"WIB is thrilled to work with ICBA to offer these valuable and timely programs for community bankers," said Nancy Sheppard, WIB president and CEO. "Our goal in working with ICBA is to provide community bankers in our Western region with more high-quality educational programs that address key issues that they see as top priorities. ICBA's certification process for these institutes provides extra value."