FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
ICBA Inks Agreement to Provide Training Resources
Select Search Publications Serves Community Banks
Washington, D.C. (March 16, 2005) - The Independent Community Bankers of America (ICBA), the nation's largest banking trade organization, today announced an agreement with Select Search Publications, a publisher of training manuals geared toward the needs of the financial services industry, to help provide the Financial Institutions Security Library to community banks nationwide.
The Financial Institutions Security Library contains five volumes of materials designed to assist companies in developing in-house training programs on a variety of topics, as well as government-mandated safety and security programs. The five volumes are:
- Business Continuity Manual - provides a strategic and tactical approach to designing and managing a disaster management-business recovery process.
- Conducting Investigations Manual - provides a systematic approach to reducing and investigating losses from external and internal sources, particularly from the crime of embezzlement.
- Loss Prevention Techniques & Training Manual - a training and reference guide, designed to help develop a customized loss-prevention program for staff, supervisors and managers.
- Security Program Manual - a model security program created in template form, with policies and procedures that are applicable to security and operations functions.
- Workplace Violence Manual - provides a unique, strategic approach to reducing exposure and avoiding losses from both external and internal violent events.
Dana Turner of Security Education Systems, one of the best-recognized security practitioners in the nation, authored the seventh edition of the Financial Institutions Security Library. Each manual is available on CD-ROM only, or on CD-ROM with the printed text.
The Financial Institutions Security Library will be available through ICBA on the web at www.icba.org or by phone at 1-800-422-7285.