ICBA News Release
ICBA Director of Communications
Independent Banker Senior Editor
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Independent Banker Names 2005 Rising Stars
Washington, D.C. (Feb. 1, 2005) - Independent Banker, the award-winning magazine published by the Independent Community Bankers of America (ICBA), has named its eight industry rising stars for 2005.
The magazine's annual rising stars are profiles of younger community bankers who work in essential positions who represent the best in their industry at what they do. Each banker selected by the magazine was nominated by his or her bosses or peers.
Independent Banker's rising stars for 2005 are:
- Bryon Salazar, lending officer, Red River Bank, Alexandria, La.
- Jeffrey Gribben, chief financial officer, First Citizens National Bank, Mason City, Iowa.
- Lisa Reed, marketing officer, Hicksville Building, Loan & Savings, Hicksville, Ohio.
- Starlette Barnett, financial services representative, Peoples Bank, Ripley, Miss.
- Jenny Still Wofford, branch manager, Oconee State Bank, Bogart, Ga.
- Scott Stewart, bancard representative, State Bank of Cross Plains, Wis.
- Lisa Ruhland, compliance officer, Community Bank of Spring Green and Plain, Wis.
- Corey Davis, chief technology officer, Richland County Bank, Richland Center, Wis.
"These outstanding community bankers represent their peers throughout the country who serve their institutions and communities with passion and excellence," said Camden R. Fine, ICBA president and CEO. "They stand with other community bankers who work every day to make their cities, towns and neighborhoods better places to live. We salute them as leaders of the next generation of community banking."
Independent Banker is the only national publication that exclusively serves the community banking industry. Independent Banker's targeted penetration into the community banking market makes it the monthly "must read" for community banks across the country. Companies rely upon the award-winning magazine as the primary vehicle for reaching the community banking industry. For more information on Independent Banker, visit www.icba.org/independentbanker.