FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
ICBA Congratulates Members of New CFPB Community Bank Advisory Council
Consumer Financial Protection Bureau panel will advise bureau on policy development
Washington, D.C. (Sept. 13, 2012)— The Independent Community Bankers of America (ICBA) congratulated community bankers who were named today to the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau’s (CFPB) Community Bank Advisory Council (CBAC). The new council will provide the CFPB with feedback on policy development, research, rulemaking and engagement.
“ICBA is proud of these community bank leaders, who will work to ensure that the unique role of the community banking industry is understood and represented at the CFPB,” ICBA President and CEO Camden R. Fine said. “ICBA is pleased to see the CFPB create the council, which will allow the esteemed members of the new panel to provide much-needed perspective on growing regulatory concerns facing our industry and our customers.”
The CBAC will provide new opportunities for interaction between community bankers and CFPB staff. The council will provide information, analysis and recommendations to the bureau on regulating consumer financial products or services. The CBAC will convene publicly and will hold its first meeting Oct. 10.
The members of the panel, who will serve single two-year terms, include:
- Guillermo Diaz-Rousselot, Continental National Bank of Miami, Fla.
- Tyrone Fenderson, Commonwealth National Bank, Ala.
- Donald Giles, Armed Forces Bank, Mo.
- Jack Hartings, The Peoples Bank Co., Ohio
- Melany Kniffen, Southern Commercial Bank, Mo.
- Robin Loftus, Security Bank, Ill.
- Jo Ann Merfeld, First Citizens National Bank, Iowa
- Kim Saunders, Mechanics & Farmers Bank, N.C.
- Laurie Stewart, Sound Community Bank, Wash.
- Glen Thurman, First National Bank of Moody, Texas
- Jesse Torres, Pan American Bank, Calif.
- Huey Townsend, Guaranty Bank and Trust Co., Miss.
- Larry Wilson, First Arkansas Trust, Ark.
- Timothy Zimmerman, Standard Bank, Pa.