ICBA News Release
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
ICBA Announces National Community Bank Service Award Winners
Washington, D.C. (April 29, 2005) - The Independent Community Bankers of America (ICBA), the largest national banking trade association, announced the 2005 winners of its National Community Bank Service Award, an annual program highlighting its members' many outstanding volunteer service activities.
ICBA selected these five community banks as National Community Bank Service Award winners:
- ShoreBank of Chicago, the 2005 Grand National winner-for its hands-on college scholarship and mentoring program.
- Dedham Co-operative Bank of Dedham, Mass.-for its housing program for people with mental disabilities.
- Citizens' Bank of Robertsdale, Ala.-for its longtime sponsorship of a fundraising festival for local education and people with mental disabilities.
- Capital Bank of Fort Oglethorpe, Ga.-for its tremendous financial support of a wide range of local educational programs.
- South Coastal Bank of Rockland, Mass.-for its program funding a wide range of children's cultural arts programs.
Nearly 5,000 community banks nationwide were eligible to compete for the recognition. Banks submitted their own nominations or were nominated by ICBA's affiliated state associations.
"We couldn't be more proud of all our National Community Bank Service Award winners," said Camden R. Fine, ICBA president and CEO. "A hallmark of independent community banks is their deep commitment to building and preserving a vital quality of life within the cities and towns they serve. Every day community bankers volunteer their time, expertise and resources to help people, civic organizations and special causes of all kinds. These five ICBA members exemplify the very best of these special, longstanding community banking traditions and values."
For more information on the award recipients, visit www.icba.org/pressroom.