ICBA News Release
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
ICBA Nominates New Slate of Officers
2006-2007 National Leadership to Be Elected at March Convention
Washington, D.C. (January 24, 2006)-The Independent Community Bankers of America (ICBA) announced its new slate of executive officers nominated for election by the association's Board of Directors in March.
Terry J. Jorde, current ICBA chairman-elect, and president and CEO of CountryBank USA, Cando, N.D., will become chairman at the 2006 ICBA National Convention and Techworld. Current ICBA chairman, David Hayes, president and CEO of Security Bank, Dyersburg, Tenn., will become ICBA's immediate past chairman.
The 2006-2007 officer nominees are:
- Chairman-elect: Jim Ghiglieri Jr., president and CEO, Alpha Community Bank, Toluca, Ill.
- Vice chairman: Cynthia Blankenship, president, Bank of the West, Irving, Tex.
- Secretary: Robert C. Fricke, president, Farmers & Merchants National Bank, Ashland, Neb.
- Treasurer: Ken Parsons Sr., chairman and CEO, Venture Bank, Lacey, Wash.
These officers will serve on ICBA's eleven-member Executive Committee which is responsible for implementing the policies of the association's Board of Directors.
Two nominees were also announced for director-at-large positions on the Executive Committee. They are:
- J. Lamar Roberts, president, First National Bank of Pasco, Dade City, Fla., and
- Wayne A. Cottle, president, Dean Bank, Franklin, Mass.
ICBA's Board of Directors will vote on the officer and director-at-large nominations on March 6 during the ICBA National Convention and Techworld in Las Vegas, Nev.