FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
ICBA Enhances “ICBA Compliance HelpDesk”
Washington, D.C. (Jan. 11, 2013)—Through its strategic alliance with Chartwell Compliance, ICBA today announced new enhancements to the ICBA Compliance HelpDesk. The new service provides member bank subscribers with Web-based access to seasoned consultants from Chartwell Compliance who have an average of 30 years experience as bankers, regulators and law enforcement officials and who can provide practical, hands-on and real-world solutions to compliance issues.
“We are pleased that Chartwell Compliance will become the new service provider for the ICBA Compliance HelpDesk,” said Greg Martinson, ICBA executive vice president, operations and education. “As community banks continue to face a difficult exam and compliance environment, having experts from Chartwell on hand to speak with member banks who subscribe to this service will be extraordinarily helpful so they can be more efficient and get back to the basics of what they do best—lending to their customers and serving their local communities.”
As part of their subscription, ICBA Compliance HelpDesk members will also have access to critical services provided by ICBA Compliance and Risk Management’s compliance experts, including:
- Review or drafting of compliance policies and procedures based on the latest regulations
- Review of disclosures, advertisements, Web pages and new products for compliance
- Guidance on compliance and Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering (BSA/AML) independent reviews
- Review or creation of compliance and BSA/AML risk assessment documentation
- Assistance with regulatory relationships and examinations
- Assistance with enforcement actions and follow-through on corrective actions
- Assistance with compliance due diligence for mergers, acquisitions and other deals
- Participation in compliance committee meetings, by phone, webinar or in-person.
Additional subscriber benefits include a monthly e-report that tracks, reports and analyzes how to comply with new regulations; an annual compliance e-calendar marking regulatory milestones (updated monthly); and a subscription to the bi-monthly regulatory compliance review, Chartwell Compass.
“Chartwell’s consultants are always eager to work with community bank staff to ensure they receive unparalleled customer service while getting the most out of Chartwell’s services, which will help them do business more quickly and efficiently,” said Dan Weiss, CEO of Chartwell Compliance. “By working with ICBA on this new endeavor, Chartwell will have even more opportunity to engage with community banks—helping them to navigate the compliance landscape and better their business.”
For more information about the ICBA Compliance HelpDesk, visit www.icbacompliance.com or http://chartwellcompliance.com/icbahelpdesk/index.html.
The Independent Community Bankers of America®, the nation’s voice for more than 7,000 community banks of all sizes and charter types, is dedicated exclusively to representing the interests of the community banking industry and its membership through effective advocacy, best-in-class education and high-quality products and services. For more information, visit www.icba.org.