= Access Restricted
Last update: 05/24/13
ICBA News Release
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
ICBA Holds Annual Bank Directors’ Conference Oct. 7-10
Community Bank Participants Will Gain Valuable Information to Help Plan for the Future
Washington, D.C. (October 4, 2010)-The Independent Community Bankers of America (ICBA) will hold its 10th Annual Directors' Conference, October 7-10, in Colorado Springs, Colo. The conference is one of the leading community banking educational events for bank directors, presidents, CEOs and board chairmen nationwide.
"ICBA's Annual Directors' Conference is one of our most highly attended educational events for community bankers," said Greg Martinson, ICBA senior vice president of education. "The conference features practical information and business solutions that will undoubtedly help community bank leaders stay on top of the latest industry developments enabling them to provide even better services to their local communities and customers."
This year's speakers are focusing on providing information to help community bankers improve bank performance, plan for the future, better understand the environment for mergers and acquisitions, and their roles and responsibilities as mandated by federal banking regulators.
Featured speakers include:
- Jim Bexley, chair holder of the Smith-Hutson Endowed Chair of Banking, Sam Houston State University
- Jerry Felicelli, principal, LarsonAllen LLP
- Jeff Gerrish, chairman, Gerrish McCreary Smith PC
- Tom Mecredy, managing director of equity capital markets, Howe Barnes Hoefer & Arnett Inc.
- Paul Merski, senior vice president and chief economist, ICBA
- Jim Reber, president and CEO, ICBA Securities
- Philip Smith, president, Gerrish McCreary Smith PC
- Scott Teeselink, crime prevention and security consultant, Burlingame, Kan.
Conference attendees will receive 16 Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credits for participating.
Learn more about ICBA educational offerings and certification by visiting http://www.icba.org/.