= Access Restricted
Last update: 03/07/14
ICBA News Release
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
ICBA Honors Seven Community Banks for Outstanding Community Service
Orlando, Fla. (March 20, 2010)—The Independent Community Bankers of America (ICBA) today honored seven community banks with the 2010 ICBA National Community Bank Service Awards. The seven community bank award recipients were announced today during ICBA’s National Convention and Techworld in Orlando, Fla.
The 2010 ICBA National Community Bank Service Award honorees are:
Grand National Award:
- First Citizens Bank of Butte, Butte, Mont.
- For banks with assets under $100 million: First National Bank of Odon, Odon, Ind.
- For banks with assets of $100 million to $250 million: Centinel Bank of Taos, Taos, N.M.
- For banks with assets of $250 million to $500 million: Scott Valley Bank, Yreka, Calif.
- For banks with assets over $500 million: Conestoga Bank, Chester Springs, Pa.
Financial Literacy Award:
- For banks with assets under $500 million: Citizens Guaranty Bank, Irvine, Ky.
- For banks with assets over $500 million: Monroe Bank and Trust, Monroe, Mich.
“ICBA's National Community Bank Service Awards honor the dedication and commitment of community bankers across our nation who make their local communities a better place to live and work,” said R. Michael Menzies, ICBA chairman and president and CEO of Easton Bank and Trust Co., Easton, Md. “This year’s award recipients exemplify what community bank service is all about, and we commend all the award recipients for giving their time, expertise and resources to their communities.”
ICBA founded the National Community Bank Service Awards program to help celebrate outstanding volunteer efforts of community banks. The ICBA National Community Bank Service Awards bring national recognition to the unparalleled contributions community banks make to help sustain their communities. The awards are given annually to ICBA members who show longstanding commitments to community outreach and development. ICBA particularly recognizes community banks demonstrating exemplary actions promoting education in savings, budgeting and other areas of financial education through its Financial Literacy Award.
Learn more about these banks' unparalleled acts of community service and the ICBA National Community Bank Service Awards at www.icba.org.