FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
ICBA Congratulates New Members of FDIC Advisory Committee on Community Banking
Washington, D.C. (Jan. 29, 2013)— The Independent Community Bankers of America® (ICBA) today congratulated the community bankers who have been named to serve on the FDIC Advisory Committee on Community Banking. The panel, which was established in 2009, provides advice and recommendations to the agency on community bank policy and regulatory matters. The advisory committee members represent a cross-section of community bankers from around the country.
“The community bankers named to this important committee are leaders in their industry and in their communities and will help ensure their fellow community bankers can continue serving Main Street America,” said Jeffrey L. Gerhart, ICBA chairman and chairman, president and CEO of Bank of Newman Grove, Neb. “ICBA congratulates the new members of the FDIC Advisory Committee on Community Banking as well as those who continue to serve on the panel. Their service means a lot to all of us in the community banking industry and to communities throughout the nation.”
The new members are:
- Cynthia L. Blankenship, vice chairman and COO, Bank of the West, Grapevine, Texas
- Leonel Castillo, president and CEO, American Bank of Commerce, Provo, Utah
- Jane Haskin, president and CEO, First Bethany Bancorp Inc., Bethany, Okla.
- Mark Hesser, president, Pinnacle Bank, Lincoln, Neb.
- James Lundy, CEO, Western Alliance Bank, Phoenix, Ariz.
- Kim D. Saunders, president, CEO and director, Mechanics & Farmers Bank, Durham, N.C.
- David Seleski, president, CEO and director, Stonegate Bank, Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
- Derek Williams, president and CEO, First Peoples Bank, Pine Mountain, Ga.
The new members join seven other community bankers already serving on the committee:
- Robert F. Baronner Jr., president and CEO, Bank of Charles Town, Charles Town, W.Va.
- Carolyn “Betsy” Flynn, president and CEO, Community Financial Services Bank, Benton, Ky.
- Walter E. Grady, president and CEO, Seaway Bank & Trust, Chicago, Ill.
- Ann Marie Mehlum, president and CEO, Summit Bank, Eugene, Ore.
- Joseph G. Pierce, president and CEO, Farmers State Bank, Lagrange, Ind.
- Dorothy A. Savarese, president and CEO, Cape Cod Five Cents Savings Bank, Orleans, Mass.
- Alan Thian, president and CEO, Royal Business Bank, Los Angeles, Calif.
The Independent Community Bankers of America®, the nation’s voice for more than 7,000 community banks of all sizes and charter types, is dedicated exclusively to representing the interests of the community banking industry and its membership through effective advocacy, best-in-class education and high-quality products and services. For more information, visit www.icba.org.