The Independent Community Bankers of America is the only national trade association dedicated exclusively to serving the interests of community banks. ICBA aggregates the power of its members to provide:
a voice for community banking interests in Washington,
profitable solutions to help community banks compete in an ever-changing marketplace, and
community bank education and marketing
Powerful Advocacy | Profitablity Solutions | Professional Development
The ICBA works in Washington to protect the interests of community banks by monitoring and influencing numerous federal activities that will affect community banks and their customers. We have a broad reach with lawmakers, regulators and policy-setting boards and, through work with these bodies, ensure that the needs of community bankers are heard and met.
The ICBA advocates for community banks on a wide variety of key legislation and regulations that affect bank powers and activities:
- The ILC Threat to the Separation of Banking and Commerce
- Restraining the Farm Credit System
- Unfair Credit Union Competition
- ICBA Communities First Act; Reducing Regulatory Burden
- Commonsense Lending and the Mortgage Market
- The Federal Home Loan Bank System
- Tax Policy
- Regulation of the Housing GSEs
- Payments System Policy
- Public Companies and Corporate Governance
In addition, ICBA's bipartisan political action committee, ICBPAC, supports federal candidates who understand and support community banking.
Read more about ICBA's Policy Resolutions.
ICBA, through its network of subsidiaries and preferred service providers, gives community banks tools to increase profitability and stay successful in a competitive marketplace.
- ICBA Bancard & TCM Bank offers comprehensive payment solutions including direct credit card issuing for consumers and small businesses, managed risk agent credit card issuing for consumers and small businesses, debit card solutions, card portfolio valuations and purchasing options, risk management and merchant services.
- ICBA Securities provides community bankers with strong investment returns with asset/liability analysis, peer reports and training programs.
- ICBA Mortgage provides secondary mortgage access without your customers being cross-sold via ICBA Mortgage Solutions in addition to direct programs with Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.
- ICBA Reinsurance provides banks access to more profits with credit life and disability insurance programs and captive mortgage reinsurance.
In addition, ICBA's Preferred Service Provider Program, by aggregating the buying power of its members, makes available member discounts and fee income opportunities with the nation's leading corporations. ICBA is unique from other associations in its selections process. Each of our Preferred Service Providers is thoroughly evaluated for its commitment to and understanding of the community banking industry. The providers are reviewed and approved by a committee of community bankers.
Publication and Web Resources
ICBA's many many publications inform members about the trends and issues affecting the community banking industry, including our award-winning Independent Banker® Magazine, ICBA NewsWatch Today® and Member Access®. Web resources include www.independentbanker.org and www.cbconnect.com.
Educational Seminars and Products
ICBA provides community bankers with education to meet their technology, operations, and compliance needs. ICBA offers superior seminars, products, and online training that brings top industry knowledge to members. All courses are reviewed and approved by a committee of community bankers before they become available.
National Convention and Techworld
The ICBA's annual National Convention and Techworld is the biggest educational gathering for the nation's community bankers. And Techworld is a centerpiece of the convention's learning experience, bringing the most innovative and successful community bank products services to community bankers' fingertips.
Affiliated State Association Outreach
ICBA works to maintain an awareness of and meet the evolving needs of community banks across the country through direct contact and through affiliations with our affiliated state associations.
ICBA Bank Director Program
ICBA's Bank Director program offers your directors essential information, in-depth educational programs, and convenience. Over 16,000 participants network with other community bank directors from across the country to keep "community" in their community banks.
ICBA offers programs designed to help members find cost-effective and time-saving ways to promote themselves.
Consumer Education & Resources
ICBA has formed alliances with various organizations to provide education and resources for members and their communities.
ICBA Corporate Membership
ICBA members are invited to contact ICBA Corporate Associate members when in need of products or services designed for the community bank market. Associate member dues help advance ICBA and all of its efforts on behalf of the community banking industry.