The I Luv My Community Bank campaign is a grassroots-style social media campaign offering consumers and small businesses the ability to evangelize their experiences with their local community bank. The goal is to provide a creative forum for consumers and small businesses to proclaim their bragging rights on how choosing a community bank gives them distinct advantages. Consumers and small businesses can post comments, upload photos and deliver video testimonials via the one-of-a-kind interactive website, www.iluvmycommunitybank.com, and ICBA’s Facebook Page App.
The top 10 finalists have been chosen! Click here to go to our Facebook app to vote.
Would you like to participate? Sign up your bank below:
Are you a customer interested in submitting a testimonial? Click here.
Note: Please designate one person to receive testimonials at your bank.
Please fill in all fields below.
indicates a required field
The National Campaign Goals:
- Provide consumers and small businesses a forum to evangelize/promote their experiences with community banks.
- Bring national grassroots awareness to the importance of community banks in the financial recovery and stability of the United States throughout the year but especially to promote Community Bank Month in April 2013.
- February 14, 2013-April 12, 2013, the site and Facebook will begin as an intake form for participants to make their comments, upload a photo and/or deliver a video testimonial. All submissions will be gathered and sorted by ICBA.
- New for 2013: April 15, 2013-April 30, 2013, the Facebook app will feature 10 finalists chosen from web and Facebook submissions based on the contest rules and eligibility. Fans and consumers will be able to vote on the five winners. The top five with the most votes will be announced on May 1, 2013. The community bank will be given a chance to present the prize (1 of 5 $500 gift cards) or the prize will be sent via mail to the winner. Stay tuned to our Facebook page to keep up to date with campaign developments.
- Be sure to remind consumers to include a photo with them holding the ‘I Luv My CB’ sign or a homemade sign to be eligible as one of the ten finalists to win one of five $500 gift cards. For full contest rules, click here. Check the I Luv My CB Facebook app on Monday, April 15 to see if one of your customers made the top 10.
- What’s in it for you, the community bank? Beginning April 1, 2013 as part of Community Banking Month, in exchange for participation in the campaign, ICBA will provide semi-customized advertising at no cost to the bank. These Community Banking Month Ad Templates will be available for download from the campaign’s self-service website (www.icba.org/luv). All participating banks can request to have their bank’s testimonials forwarded beginning March 1, 2013. Participating banks may customize the Ad templates with a selected quote, the banks logo/contact information and include a standardized community bank “financial foundation of the nation” message.
- What’s in it for the consumer or small business? Consumers and small businesses who share testimonials of their experiences are eligible to receive one of five, $500 gift cards courtesy of ICBA. In addition, the website look/feel will change on or about April 1, 2013 to coincide with the beginning of ICBA’s National Community Banking Month to focus on the testimonials gathered to date. (photo’s, videos, written statements) The site will be heavily promoted via ICBA's Twitter handle (http://twitter.com/icba), Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/icbaorg), and through traditional press opportunities. With an added Facebook app component, the community banking sentiment will be spread even more through Facebook friends as testimonials are being shared.
- The campaign will conclude May 1, 2013, but the site will continue to display testimonials through the remainder of the year 2013.
- Click here to see last year’s winners.
The I Luv My Community Bank campaign is promoted via community banks who promote the program via their website using the provided banner ad, their Facebook page, Twitter posts, direct mail using the provided customizable postcard or any other creative method of bringing attention to the national social media campaign.
Sample Facebook posts:
- Tell America how much you luv your community bank. Visit www.iluvmycommunitybank.com. Be creative, be honest and most of all be heard!
- Valentine’s Day isn’t the only day to celebrate love. Tell America why you luv your community bank at www.iluvmycommunitybank.com. Write it, video it, photograph it, most importantly share it!
- As if you needed any incentive to show your luv for your community bank, we are giving away five $500 gift cards to those who submit the most voted on testimonials.
- What makes your community bank better than the rest? Is it the charming tellers? The lollipops your kids get in the drive thru? Maybe it’s the only bank you’ve ever had? Whatever the reason is, tell America why you luv your CB.
- Do you luv your community bank? Tell us at www.iluvmycommunitybank.com #iLuvmyCB.
- We want to hear from you. Why do you luv your community bank? Visit www.iluvmycommunitybank.com #iLuvmyCB.
- How much do you luv your community bank? We want to hear it! #iLuvmyCB
Download the customizable news release template here.
|(Sample of Sign)|
Download "I LUV MY CB" Sign:
We also have a Banner Ad you can use to market the campaign on your website. Please link the banner to www.ILuvmyCommunityBank.com.
(Sample Banner Ad)