April is Community Banking Month
What You Can Do To Celebrate Community Banking Month
- Participate in the “I Luv My Community Bank” campaign
- Throughout April, ICBA is celebrating Commmunity Banking Month with the “I Luv My Community Bank” campaign. Until April 12, community bank customers can submit testimonials on why they “luv” their community bank. The top 10 testimonials submitted will be judged by ICBA’s Facebook fans from April 15 -30. On the Facebook app, folks will get a chance to choose their favorite testimonial among the top 10 to be part of the top five submissions to each win a $500 gift card. Winners will be announced at the end of Community Banking Month.
- Encourage customers and small businesses to Go Local
- Community Banking Month is a great opportunity to encourage everyone around you to Go Local for the month of April. Dine local. Shop local. Bank local. As you know, community banks play pivotal roles in their towns and communities. ICBA’s Go Local initiative invites people to bank locally with a community bank.
- Tweet about it – better yet, share it on all of your bank’s social media channels
- Share all the great things about your community bank with the Twitterverse. Tweet about the positive impact your bank has on the local high school, post photos of your staff on Instagram, plan a Facebook event, include a YouTube video dancing to Gangnam Style or lip-synching Call Me Maybe with a fellow small business. The sky is the limit when it comes to social media.
- Use customizable, localized materials
- ICBA has created customizable press releases for you to use and submit to your local media outlets mentioning Community Banking Month. Use these materials to help spread the word about community banking and why it plays such a vital role in your local community.
Have other ideas? Share it with us. Tweet @icba, post on our Facebook page or comment on the Go Local blog with ways your community bank is celebrating this April.
Customizable Local Press Releases
Social Media Updates for Local Use