Media Coverage of "Go Local" and Community Banks
- 12/3/13: TheLeafChronicle.com: State banking commissioner praises role of 'community banks'
- 6/18/13: The Patriot Ledger: Local banks team with state to lend money to small businesses
- 6/3/13: Janesville Argu: Janesville State Bank promotes "Go Local" Program
- 5/20/13: Banker & Tradesman: Community Bank Heroes 2013
- 5/16/13: Northwest Herald: Prairie Community Bank thrives on customer service
- 5/3/13: Buffalo Business First: Banking for the Amish
- 4/10/13: First National Bank of Moose Lake: Cash Mob FUN!
- 4/19/13: Imperial Valley News: Community Banks: Putting Local Deposits To Work
- 1st Quarter 2013: Lawrence Business Magazine: Community Banks: Vital to Local Economy
- 4/8/13: NerdWallet: Best Metro Areas for Community Banking
- 4/5/13: Jim Blasingame, Small Business Advocate: A community bank is not a little big bank
- 3/28/13: American Banker: Upstate N.Y. Bank Starts Program to Help Locals Afford Cars
- 11/7/12: Nooga.com: Community bankers group promotes shopping locally as North Shore merchants offer discounts
- 11/5/12: NewsOK: ICBA Encourages Consumers to Go Local This Holiday Season
- 11/5/12: Central Valley Business Times: Bankers urge holiday shoppers to “go local”
- 10/15/12: Post Bulletin: Community banks strong in southeastern Minnesota
- 9/30/12: Washington Post: Bernanke, Romney turn to small banks
- 8/10/12: KGVO.com: Community Banks are the Answer to America’s Big Bank Problem
- 7/24/12: Gloucester Times: Rockport banker caps year in state role
- 7/23/12: Preservation Nation: Main Street and Community Banks: Natural Allies
- 7/18/12: Arbor Web: Banking Local
- 7/15/12: The Day: Putnam Bank celebrates 150 years in community
- 7/13/12: Huffington Post: Small Businesses Increasingly Turn To Small Banks For Loans: Report
- 7/12/12: Mohave Daily News: City of Phoenix to invest money with community banks
- 7/11/12: American Banker: A Maryland County Presses Small Banks to Make Deposits Switch Pay Off
- 6/25/12: Forbes: The Small Bank-Small Business Cascade
- 6/12/12: Co.Design: How Do You Design A Bank Branch In The Post-Occupy Era?
- 6/11/12: Daily Local News: Meridian Bank makes $250,000 commitment to Habitat
- 6/4/12: Examiner.com: Why are community banks good for Bay Area neighborhoods?
- 6/3/12: CNBC: Community banks fuel for small business engine
- 5/25/12: STARDEM.com: Small Businesses, Big Banks: Good Fit?
- 5/25/12: National Public Radio (NPR): In Tight Credit Market, A Tool For Small Businesses
- 5/15/12: CBS News: Small town bank with a big heart
- 5/10/12: New Mexico Business Weekly: Community banks launch push for residents to 'go local'
- 5/8/12: Michigan Live: Kalamazoo County State Banks working with others to promote community banking and financial literacy
- 5/3/12: MSN Real Estate: Are your home-loan chances better at a smaller bank?
- 4/30/12: South County News: Citizen's Bank of Rogersville CEO recently elected as ICBA treasurer
- 4/26/12: WTHR-TV: Community Banks Making A Recovery
- 4/14/12: WTHR-TV: Sara Snow’s Indianapolis cash mob in action
- 4/10/12: WTHR-TV: Go Local advocate Sara Snow talks to WTHR Indianapolis about hosting a cash mob to support local business
- 4/2/12: Independent Banker: SaraSnow.com: Spend Local...and Save Local
- 3/7/12: The FinancialBrand.com: Non-Local Banks Will Not Think This Campaign Is As Funny As It Is
- 2/25/12: CBS News: Small banks keeping small business alive
- 2/8/12: NashvillePost.com: Bank on Music City seeks to offer financial stability to working poor
- 2/8/12: CantonRep.com: Community banks are local banks
- 2/7/12: Austin (MN) Daily Herald: Bank on him
- 2/6/12: WXIA-TV Atlanta: Hometown banker changing Atlanta's West End
- 2/2/12: The Inter-Mountain: BCBank urges customers to go local
- 1/15/12: The Washington Post: Three local banks reach five-year milestone
- 1/12/12: IllinoisTimes.com: Don’t blame community banks
- 1/10/12: Items by Ron Wilson: VoiceJail" Column and "The Banker who Gets It" Poem
- 12/28/11: Gainesville Today: The Pros of Community Financial Institutions
- 12/23/11: The New York Times: The Bank Around the Corner
- 12/21/11: ABC World News: 'Wonderful Life' Bank
- 12/16/11: Huffington Post: Want to Help Small Businesses? Move Your Money to One
- 12/13/11: National Public Radio (NPR): Home Sweet Home: The New American Localism
- 12/11/11: Altoona Mirror: Small banks are big players
- 12/6/11: Bankrate.com: What is the best way to bank for your buck?
- 12/4/11: Investment News: Small banks, big city
- 11/30/11: Seeking Alpha: Retirement Investors, Scared Of Large Banks? Consider Community Banks
- 11/22/11: Business Loans: ICBA And Idaho Independent Bank Urge Consumers: Go Local By Banking With Your Community Bank
- 11/18/11: MediaPost News: Community Bankers Keep Up Push
- 11/18/11: MyBankTracker.com: Community Bank Group to Occupy Times Square Jumbotron
- 11/18/11: STLToday.com: Community banks use anti-big backlash to make inroads
- 11/17/11: Bankrate.com Banking Blog: Banks to occupy Times Square
- 11/9/11: The Creswell Chronicle: Siuslaw Bank urges consumers to bank locally
- 11/9/11: TIMEMoneyland: Bank Transfer Day: The Tally Is In
- 11/8/11: CNNMoney: 'I dumped my bank!'
- 11/8/11: Yahoo! Finance: MidSouth Bank Adds Twist to National 'Go Local' Campaign
- 11/8/11: Washington Post "On Small Business" Blog: Americans angered by big banks turn to local alternatives
- 11/7/11: Local Motive Utah: Community Banks — The Community Choice (video)
- 11/5/11: Pataskala Post: ICBA and the Pataskala Banking Company Urge Customers: "Go Local" By Banking Locally with Your Community Bank
- 11/4/11: Monterey Herald: Fed-up consumers planning for 'Bank Transfer Day'
- 11/4/11: CNNMoney: Bank dumping days begin
- 11/3/11: Dealbook: Amid Wall Street Protests, Smaller Banks Gain Favor
- 11/2/11: M&M Bank Ad: "Go Local" with M&M Bank
- 11/1/11: Boston.com, Large or small? Proposed debit card fees prompt a new form of “Go Local” consumerism
- 10/31/11: Notes from the CEO, Five Star Bank: Go Local! It Works For Banking Too!
- 10/27/11: Pinnacle Bank: Go Local
- 10/27/11: MSN Business on Main, Breaking the Small-Biz Lending Barrier
- 10/26/11: TIME Moneyland, 60 Percent of Independent Banks See Spike in New Account Openings
- 10/21/11: Associated Press, 8 steps to make switching banks easy
- 10/21/11: Associated Press, Fee-weary customers breaking from big banks
- 10/11/2011: ICBA President and CEO Cam Fine talks to Fox Business about the association’s “Go Local” campaign and why consumers and small business owners should work with their local community bank
Don’t forget to follow the conversation on Twitter
using the hashtag