Seminar: Loan Review--Implementing Best Practices
The loan review process is critical to the success of any community bank. The loan process must be structured and requires policies and procedures to ensure timely identification of problem credits, asset quality and accuracy. It must also have well-defined classification guidelines that ensure consistent loan ratings and the accounting for the allowance for loan and lease losses must comply with generally accepted accounting principles. This fast-paced course will challenge your understanding of credit review in today's banking environment.
- Creating an effective loan review function for your bank
- Performing accurate credit analysis
- Improving your bank's loan presentations
- Evaluating the adequacy of the bank's allowance for loan and lease losses, including understanding the computation of historical loss rates
- Calculating the specific reserves needed for impaired loans
- Dealing with the special challenges surrounding the evaluation of commercial real estate loans
- Recognizing troubled debt restructurings and when to place a loan into non-accrual status
Start Time: 8:30 am Day One
End Time: Noon Day Two
Instructor: Tom Danielson
Who should attend: Presidents, chief credit officers, senior lenders, loan review personnel and directors
ICBA Member: (prior to April 19) $495 / (after April 19) $595
Bank Director Program Participants: $395
12 CPE Credits
Program Level: Intermediate
To make your hotel reservations, contact Embassy Suites Hotel Bloomington at (952) 884-4811.
Reservation Deadline: 4/27/2014
For more information, call 800-422-7285.
Register online now! Online payment now accepted! If you do not wish to pay online, please use the printable registration form.