= Access Restricted
Last update: 10/20/14
ICBA is currently recruiting for a Payroll/Accounting Specialist in the Sauk Centre, MN office.
Qualified candidates may submit a resume and cover letter, including salary requirement, by e-mail to HRDC@icba.org or by fax to (202) 659-5409. Only resumes with cover letters and salary requirements will be considered.
The Payroll/Accounting Specialists provides primary support for organization-wide benefits management functions and manages the payroll process. This position plays a dual role, one relating to payroll and benefits and the second relating to general accounting duties. The incumbent also completes tasks related to the budget and audit processes, as assigned by the Chief Financial Officer and Budget Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Process payroll and all related matters
- Work with HR on any questions/problems employees have
- Manage all the tax filings and related payroll filings
- Create and maintain the procedures manual
- Set up and maintain document imaging
- Work with CEO/CFO/HR on annual salaries with calculations/letters
- Benefit audit reports
- Assist CFO/Senior Accountant with budget and audit functions as requested, including preparing and organizing salary and benefits data for the annual budget process and updating and tracking leave accrual information
- ACH Maintenance
- Other duties as assigned by the CFO and SVP, Controller
- Assist with insurance claims, filings and other duties
- Complete Annual Surveys that are required
- Coordinate the integration of the fixed asset system with the accounting software, including additions, retirements and deletions of all capital expenditures on a monthly basis
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Accounting, Business Administration, or related field, or equivalent work experience within a related field.
- Minimum of four years of previous experience, including at least two years in a related role; knowledge of payroll, risk management and/or benefit plan administration strongly preferred.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential documents and information with complete discretion.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, adjust to shifting priorities and implement departmental processes in a timely, consistent manner at all times.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a commitment to customer service.
- Strong and dependable follow-through on projects and requests; ability to take ownership of routine job duties and assignments independently with minimal supervision.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel; knowledge of payroll system(s) strongly preferred.