Recorded: May 20, 2014
Length: 60 Minutes
According to the FBI, "in 2011 alone, more than $30 million was stolen and just over 100 people killed or injured in some 5,000 robberies of financial institutions reported to us from across the nation."
When it comes to robbery prevention, apprehension and recovery you can never be too prepared! This audio call session featuring, robbery prevention expert Troy Evans will provide financial institutions with real-life insight surrounding robbery prevention, apprehension and recovery. Having met and interviewed over 300 bank robbers Troy will share his insights "inside the mind of the enemy." This session will provide you with the knowledge to train employees not only help spot and prevent robberies, but also aid law enforcement in the apprehension of the thieves and assist in the recovery of your bank's funds.
This audio call will address:
- Why are robberies holding steady in many parts of the country and increasing in others?
- How are most bank robbers apprehended
- The best policy on when to activate the silent alarm
- How to counter the rise in "morning glory" robberies
- How are institutions cased
- Branch design and layout as powerful deterrent
- Are we seeing an increase in takeover robberies?
- Importance of mock robberies
- Why your front line staff are your most important resource in robbery prevention
- Why complacency is the greatest threat to your institution being targeted
- Creating a customer friendly environment while discouraging would be robbers
- Why you want to know when ANY robbery takes place within 100 miles of my branches
- Why would-be robbers always take the path of least resistance
- What I learned as common threads in interviewing over 300 convicted robbers
- Troy's "Secret Caser" program and how this keeps front line staff keenly aware
- How would be robbers are trained in prison and how this problem can be reversed
- The rate of recidivism for bank robbers and do prior and current robberies mean that we are at a high risk?
- The importance of Suspicious Activity Logs and Non-Disclosure Contracts
- The difference in what you are covering today and the DVD "Deterring and Responding to "Robberies"
Speaker: Troy D. Evans, Professional Speaker and Author
Troy Evans pursued a career as a self-employed addict, drug dealer, gambler and thief for more than 15 years. Ultimately, his disregard of values and discipline resulted in a 13 year federal prison sentence. Facing the obstacles, pressures and violence of prison life, he was determined that his time behind bars would not be wasted. Today he is a speaker and consultant, sharing his story of endurance and personal transformation with audiences of all ages.
1 CPE Credit
Program Level: Basic-Intermediate