Recorded:February 26, 2014
Length: 90 Minutes
This webinar will address several advanced tax return concepts and related analyses. Community bankers looking to work more effectively with their business customers will benefit from tuning in.
The webinar session will begin with a brief review of analyzing a business owner's personal "1040" tax return and the return of both an LLC and an S corporation including Schedules M-1 and M-2, Schedule K-1, pass-through transactions, and other deductions. The remainder of the webinar will cover the following pertinent tax topics related to business clients:
- Corporate Tax Issues including Business Structure, Section 179 Depreciation, and Bonus Depreciation
- Investments including Capital Gain/Loss Issues and Passive Activities
- Real Estate Issues including Rentals and Home Offices
- Employer Provided Benefits including "Qualified Retirement Plans" and Health Savings Accounts (HSAs)
- Retirement Planning Strategies including "Defined Benefit" Plans
- Estate Planning Issues including Gift Taxes
- Recent changes to the Tax Code that impact Business Owners
Presenter: David L. Osburn, MBA, CCRA
David is the founder of Osburn & Associates, LLC, a Business Training and Contract CFO Firm that provides seminars, webinars, and keynote speeches for bankers, CPAs, attorneys, credit managers, and business owners on topics such as Banking/Finance/ Credit, Negotiation Skills, Marketing, and Management Issues.
1.5 CPE Credit
Program Level: Basic-Intermediate