Attend this audio conference to obtain an understanding of what criteria and risks should be considered when determining if licensed software can be purchased and implemented to satisfy business requirements, or if it is necessary to develop a custom solution. The session will also provide insight on options for hosting and managing application systems either internally or with external business partners.
The objectives of the session are as follows:
- Understand how to confirm business goals and define specific requirements
- Determine if “buy, build, or partner” is the best solution
- Analyze licensed software to satisfy business requirements
- Define requirements not satisfied by licensed applications and determine extent of “gap”
- Understand impact and commitment to develop custom solution(s)
- Define criteria for evaluating hosting and managed solutions
- Risks associated with either option
- Accept responsibility for managing the project to be successful
Presenter: Nancy Kaplan – CISA, CRISC
Nancy Kaplan is an Engagement Director in the Specialized Advisory Services group of CliftonLarsonAllen. Nancy is responsible for a variety of Information Technology (IT) audits, Assurance engagements, Information Systems analysis and selection initiatives, Risk assessments, Technology management solutions including technical infrastructure, application systems and personnel-related projects.