Recorded: January 15, 2013
Length: 60 minutes
Bank personnel are often required to interpret tax returns for both consumer and commercial lending purposes. Attend this proactive webinar and gain an understanding of the complex and often confusing topic of taxes. The first part of this webinar will concentrate on personal tax return analysis, while the second part will focus on the analysis of various business tax returns.
- Review the basic structure of the personal 1040 federal tax return,
- Prepare a personal cash flow from information gleaned from the 1040,
- Draw additional information from the personal returns including various risk factors
- Discuss the structure of a C corporation, S corporation, and Partnership (including LLC) tax return,
- Analyze business tax returns and prepare a business cash flow analysis,
- Obtain further information from the business returns including assessment of the company's risk factors, and
- Discuss updates in the current tax code as they apply to businesses.
David Osburn, MBA., is the founder of Osburn & Associates, LLC. The firm specializes in providing seminars, webinars, and keynote speeches to CPAs, bankers, attorneys, credit managers, and business owners on topics such as negotiation skills, marketing, management issues, and banking/finance/credit. David's extensive professional background includes 17 years as a business trainer, 12 years as a contract CFO, 16 years as a commercial lender (banking), and 27 years as an adjunct college professor (both MBA and undergraduate classes).
1 CPE Credit
Program Level: Basic-Intermediate